Wednesday, September 16, 2026

 

The end of the world/the end of a renaissance


I can honestly say that I don't know (yet) where I stand on the following issue.


There is plenty of media attention being given to the idea that AI will doom humanity to extinction. Like many, my reaction alternates between facination and horror. Who doesn't secretly wish to be in a live science fiction movie.


Finally, there's some reasonable pushback to the fearmongering. The above link is to some brilliant minds in the industry who think the doomsday scenarios are concocted.


I'm still on the fence but, after Y2K, Covid and vaccine scams, and the still over-hyped "climate crisis," bowing out of the most consequential advace of our time, ceding power to China, or trusting our overbloated state with greater regulatory power, should not be our automatic response.

It's nice to be reminded that there are at least two side to everything...even if mainstream sources would rather we didn't know that.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?